• This topic has 10 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 14 years, 5 months ago by pnj.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

  • Author

    Posts

  • June 17, 2007 at 5:09 am #986526

    :clap:I'm sure you guys can help me – I have over the years splattered paint up the walls of the laundry when cleaning brushes/pallettes, obviously got paint on the walls of my garage, and I'm finally leaving my rental and just want to know how to clean it off. My walls are acrylic painted also – so anything that can remove my acrylic paint – could probably remove what the walls are painted with huh?
    Oh please help me….. My landlord is one mean Son of a bit*h!!!!:evil:

    June 17, 2007 at 5:22 am #1086552

    hehe:D try Jiff. Spose it depends on how bad it is, but it works on little splatters for me. Gets it off wallpaper even:)

    Lulu

    "It takes a long time to grow an old friend." John Leonard
    Proud to be Kiwi!

    June 17, 2007 at 7:06 am #1086560

    :wave:So far, I've tried Liquid Soap, Jiff & Chemico – Not working.
    Nail polish remover works but you can see that it has taken off the acutal wall paint along with it!!!!!!!

    If only there was a way that didn't involve so much elbow grease!:evil:
    Not only do I have my own paint marks, but with 2 toddlers I have plenty of those little coloured pencil & ball point pen murals over my walls……….
    I clean the kids mess off the walls and they throw a tantrum because they are proud of their works of art!!!!

    Great to hear from you Lulu, it's been a long time since I've been on Wet canvas – but who more better than the proffessionals on wet canvas how to clean your walls? hehe…..

    Talk soon,
    Paula

    June 17, 2007 at 7:28 am #1086559

    You might try "Oops" which is a product for paint splatters. You can get it at Lowe's, I know, but they probably sell it many places. If there are a LOT, maybe you should sand, prime and paint.

    Elizabeth

    June 17, 2007 at 7:32 am #1086556

    Hi Paula..
    The quickest may be to just re-paint.. It may not be the cheapest.. You may even need to paint a gloss first.. I have seen where a commercial cover paint did not work..
    If you have a building material salvage store in your area you may find a cheap source of paint..
    Compart1

    June 17, 2007 at 8:42 am #1086554

    Those Mr. Clean wall scrubbers (blue one side white the other) can get it off. I know :D. But I do no know how they work if you have a ton of splatters. I know you can get them down there as my sister uses them. She is in Oz and I am assuming that NZ has them too.

    June 17, 2007 at 12:59 pm #1086561

    I would suggest a new paint job, starting with a good primer to cover the ink etc that will just bleed through. Or, if you have been there for a long time, the landlord should be understanding about the place needing some work.

    Lilith

    June 17, 2007 at 1:08 pm #1086558

    I would consider covering the splatters with either a primer or shellac then repainting but discuss it with your landlord about colors since many only want basic white. He/she may even tell you not to worry about it since they plan on repainting anyway

    June 17, 2007 at 3:17 pm #1086557

    Not sure other than paint over it -but- with the other situation of the kids getting upset about their artwork on the walls, you could take a digital (or disposable camera) and take a picture of their artwork & print them off so they can see their artwork was not in vain….of course on the other hand this could encourage them to do more!..haha..

    June 17, 2007 at 3:33 pm #1086555

    I don't know the names of the cleaners available in New Zealand, but I'll try and steer you in the right direction. Comet Cleanser (main ingredient is Sodium Dichloral-s- and along t word after it) works well, use hot water, a sponge with the green scouring scrub, and some patience. If you want organic cleaners, that orange peel cleaner works like a dream or vinegar (if you can tolerate the stench). It's best to clean the paint off immediately, then you can just wipe it off with warm water.
    Cheers.

    This artist's philosophies and painting techniques are found at: www.fine-artist.net :D

    June 17, 2007 at 5:32 pm #1086553

    No time to read the whole thread but when I've left a studio I've always repainted the walls. Sorry!

    Tina.

  • Author

    Posts

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

  • The topic 'Help!!!! How Do You Clean Paint Off Walls?' is closed to new replies.